Winner of a 2009 Parents' Choice Foundation SILVER Award. Winner of Learning Magazine's 2010 Teachers Choice Award for the Family. Winner of a Dove Foundation Family-Approved Seal. Winner of a 2009 iParenting Media Award. Winner of a Dr. Toy Best Play and Learn Vacation Program Award. Winner of The National Parenting Center's 2009 Seal of Approval. Endorsed by KIDS FIRST! Winner of a Grandkids Gift Guide Super Product Award.
It's non-stop fun as teacher Maria and the Whistlefritz kids search for the mischievous mouse Fritzi. Using live action, animation, puppets, music, and fun, children explore their world -- inside the house and out on the playground -- learning the words for everyday objects along the way. An ideal introduction to Spanish, and perfect companion to the other award-winning DVDs in the Spanish for Kids series. This DVD teaches Spanish using the immersion teaching method recommended by language acquisition experts. (For more information about immersion, please watch the Language Immersion video on the company's website.) A Translation Guide is included which provides an easy reference for parents who are first-time learners of Spanish.
Designed for children ages 2-7, Adentro y Afuera is perfect for the whole family!
If you are looking for a great video to begin the introductory process to the Spanish language, look no further than this DVD. Parents reported that the methods used, including zero translation and total immersion worked wonders, despite the fact that many were skeptical at first. Kids would watch over and over, enjoying Jorge the musician responsible for the Whistlefritz music, and Fritzi the Mouse. It is the repetition that finally began to pay dividends as children would recognize, then understand and then repeat what they learned. Parents told us they were learning too! --The National Parenting Center
This educational DVD is very colorful and a delightful way to teach Spanish to your young children. Using everyday conversation is how we learn any language and this is the way this DVD teaches your youngsters Spanish. There are no translated subtitles to follow, just a wonderful and entertaining show that the children will be in awe of as they watch and learn. Dove awards their Family-Approved Seal for all ages to Spanish for Beginners: Adentro y Afuera (Inside and Out). --The Dove Foundation
Viewers young and old were captivated from the moment the bright-eyed, engaging and charming host, Maria, appeared on screen. Maria spends her time searching around her house for her pet mouse Fritzi. Throughout this delightful game of hide and seek, viewers hear conversational Spanish introduced by Maria, who has a special talent for speaking clearly and pronouncing words with exactness. The DVD skillfully freshens up tried and true tools such as live action with puppets, animation, children and music to teach young viewers household words in Spanish. --Parents' Choice Foundation
Top Customer Reviews
JOHNNY DEPP RANGO
1.) Description (Editorial Reviews)
2.) Special Features
- Experience the Never-Before-Seen Ending
- Uncover 10 Deleted Scenes
- Meet the Real Creatures of Dirt (HD)
- Filmmakers’ Commentary
- Watch with Storyboard Reel Picture-in-Picture
- Go Behind the Scenes with Cast and Crew (HD)
- Take an Interactive Trip to Dirt
1.) Well THAT was a surprise! An animated feature for fun-loving, movie-loving adults. How do I know?
* The dialogue: Our hero talks like George Clooney talking like Clark Gable in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" so pay close attention!
* Homages to classics from "Star Wars" to "Singin' in the Rain."
* The music has everything from yodeling during a chase scene (with toilet paper trailing from a shoe) to Ride of the Valkyries during an aerial attack.
* The Spirit of the West (in an Alabaster Chariot) is a serape-clad Clint Eastwood in a white golf cart with a bunch of Oscars tossed in the back.
* The line dance of the townspeople on Main Street is done to Cool Water by what sounds like the Sons of the Pioneers.
* A Greek Chorus/Mariachi Band which explains the action, consists of four little cactus owls.
* The hawk that terrorizes the town has a partial silver beak, a la Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou.
* One of the townspeople has a crackly voice like Pat Buttram from the old Roy Rogers movies.
* The snake is waaaay too scary for children even though it is clearly patterned after the one from the "Harry Potter" franchise.
* Much of Hans Zimmer's music seems inspired by Ennio Morricone of Spaghetti Western fame.
2.) While still not my favorite film featuring Johnny Depp, this little film does everything a great Depp film should do...
* Bring out Classic themes: A pet who pretends to be different characters...
* Exploration: In this case~ it explores the nature of reality, and even morality...
* Humor: Old vs. Young, Newcomers vs. Familiar Community Members, Outsiders and Insiders....
3.) Very fun fast moving animation with a story along the lines of China Town with Jack Nicholson. No incest or anything but a very rich old fellow trying to monopolize the water game in a desert city. There is an incredible fear and loathing las Vegas reference in the beginning as well!
LeapFrog: Learning DVD Set
1.) Description (Editorial Reviews)
2.) Special Features
1.) Ordered for my twins to watch on extra long errands in the car. I thought it was solely for letter sight and sound fun, but my son has a speech articulation delay and his therapists said he is making great progess, faster than most with his initial sounds. I told them we watch this occasionally and they mentioned their other quick progressing student watches it too. Not sure there is a direct cause-effecf relationship, but they said to continue to show it to him and sing the songs too.
2.) My 3 year old absolutely loves these dvds. He has had them for a few months now, and even with his speech delay, he is now singing along and learning how to say small words and sentences. They continually engage him throughout the show, and help teach him in a way that seems to reach him on a level that I haven't. Although he does love to sit down and listen to us read to him, he likes to watch his movies and sing along even more! I believe that these dvds use the perfect amount of learning through play to connect with toddlers and young children. I very much recommend to anyone looking to expand on what they are already teaching their young children.
Contact Person: Mr.